Google

Wednesday 12 November 2008

Big Bang and a Rainbow of Hope

Well, last Monday (3rd November) started off wonderfully at first –I was walking with a skip in my step as everywhere the universe seemed to be responding to me with signs. For the first time in months, I felt a sense of clarity in thought – I knew what my next step for Tália was to be. I started the morning with a coffee with my husband where I relayed my plans excitedly and we began to discuss our plan for Tali. I decided to start a gluten free, dairy free diet to try and see how she responded and commented to my husband how it would be great to meet a mum of a Celiac Child to discuss diets and get recipe ideas. And what happens, a random woman comes up to me and asks me to join her once my husband had left. After speaking further, she tells me that she lives above our office. After further chatting, I see she is studying human physiology and before I know it, she is telling me that her daughter is Celiac Disease!!! This to me was a large glaring sign that I am going in the right direction.

At about 12:54, I was driving and then the phone call came. My world turned upside down, the sky came crashing down and my heart felt like a dagger was cutting up. This is when I learned that my Dad had cancer of the stomach that had spread to the lung and possibly the liver. I was shocked. How did this come to be if we thought the had a chronic bronchitis??? Could cancer attack so quickly? I had a good cry and then spent a few hours with my husband just coming to terms with the news and my husband frantically searched google to look at what the future looked like to us. What were the facts? What type of life could my Dad expect to live? What kind of questions should we ask the oncologist? Whilst upset and shocked, information is key and knowing what to ask is sometimes so important. When a condition is alien to you, sometimes you don’t even know where to start. So no matter how difficult or painful, as with Tália I wanted to know the spectrum of options.

Together we went to pick up our girls from school – I felt like I was stuck in a cloud, I had jumped into the screen of the latest Hollywood blockbuster. Soon I would wake up back to my sunny world – chatting to Dad and Mum, Dad fussing over me and worrying about how I am going to do the shopping, how I am going to pick up the kids…. Yep he’s a worrier and to him, I’m his baby. He looks after me like gold and is the best Dad in the whole wide world. Anyway on driving to the hospital, my husband suddenly jolted me out of my fog,

‘Wow look at that, that’s amazing – it’s a full rainbow’, and sure enough, there like a huge archway going from one side of the road to the other side, like a protective arch of light around us, was the fullest and most perfect rainbow I have ever seen. It had been a day full of signs from God and here was my rainbow of hope. This sign gave me an inner strength – I knew we would be alright, I knew we would fight this, I knew that there was hope. No matter what lay ahead that rainbow was a very visual sign for me and subsequently over the last week, be it when trying to sleep or when watching my Dad preparing for surgery, that rainbow has been in my visualisation and that spectrum of lights has acted as a focal point for my prayer and meditation.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain