Google

Friday 19 June 2009

Cleveland Clinic



On the 3rd June, Tália and I waved goodbye to the family and set off on our journey to the States. Apart from crying non-stop for the first two hours, Tália was really good and slept the rest of the journey.

Before we knew it we had landed in JFK. From here onwards I knew that everything would be easier as from here onwards my sister-law would be with me. That was just such a comfort. After the heart-breaking family news, I really was so grateful to have someone with me, someone I could trust and just be myself with. Really, having her with me made my life so much easier and Tália ever so happy, to be the centre of our attention.

My sister-in-law has worked with special needs so she was immediately right in there, stimulating Tália and working especially with her hands and hypersensibility, teaching her to hold food etc. It was ongoing, natural therapy and Talia was in her element.

The Clinic made quite an impression on us - I dont think either of us imagined the magnitude of it all. Our hotel was linked by Skywalks interconecting us to the clinic - we didn't even need to step out. Withtin the structures were cafes, restaurants - it was like a mini village. This was ideal for Tali as after tests, we could just rush back to te hotel room without having to put her in a car and commute for ages.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain