Google

Tuesday 8 May 2007

Computer Breakdown

I have been unable to update this blog for ages as my hard drive completely went last week. Yes, in fact I was on my way to go and buy a new computer, as my life is dependent on one - supermarket shopping, work emails, holiday forms and cheap phonecalls to name but a few things I use my for. Anyway was about to buy a new one when my Dad called.

He is a computer whiz and somehow managed to salvage my computer - how I just do not know and here I am on my good old trustwothy samsung again.

Just took me a while to get on line again. I tried to connecting to my wireless network at home and after typing in the relevant password, my computer showed that I was connected with excellent signal strength. Despite the latter I just could not get onto the internet or download my emails wirelessly - i had to use a cable connected to the router to be able to get online. This baffled me.

Well, thankfully my Dad came to the rescue again - I think its a bug in the system, it turns out that I put the password in in the wrong letter case and that even though I saw myself as fully connected, I really wasn't.

So all it took was a simple two minutes to re-input the correct network key and voila I am back on line.

What a palava - something so simple takes so long!!!

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain