Google

Sunday 12 August 2007

Hospiten Estepona

Well. I must say that the medical side - eg the gynecologist, surgeons etc was excellent. However the waiting times were pretty horrendous considering you're paying to go private and have pre-set appointments. Thankfully there is a good cafe to will away the hours! The only complaint I have with the set up is the whole 'touchy feely' element - a lack of orientation. Everything is done in a clinical fashion - more time would be appreciated though if nurses would sit down and discuss how to breast feed, how to treat a baby's umbilical cord and all those things that first time mum's need to know. Also many of the staff contradict each other - one nurse told me to ask for a pain killer if I needed one and another told me not to have any. I went in for a c-section and arrived starving at 8am only to be told that I would be slotted in when the surgeon had time. Small things like that would have made a great difference. Also there was nothing said during the pregnancy about anti-natal exercise or breathing - things that I think are essential to a woman who is about to give birth.


No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain