Google

Thursday 5 March 2009

Talia's first week at nursery

Well I have to say its been quite a week. Tália started nursery on Monday. The first day was a mad rush trying to get three kids out the door, breakfasted and in their uniforms. Then there was the car journey - to be honest the thought of leaving her did not make me sad. How could it? My daughter has been given an opportunity to integrate with other babies, will have friends, will have independence - she wont be labelled, she'll just be Tália.

Actually the truth is that I did shed a tear but for completely different reasons - firstly I really would have loved Dad to have seen her in her uniform - I know it would made him so happy. I had spoken to him about Talia starting nursery befor he passed away and he was excited. He has also always helped with school runs that I could just picture him and mum as proud grandparents picking her up. But als I know in my heart that he is watching from above but Idid miss his physical presence and I guess each milestone will be like that fo r some time.

Anyway Talia just seems another child - extremely happy and so settled in her nursery. The teachers are incredible -young and loving and so excited to have Tali, so keen to help her, so full of zest. And they are not scared - they are happy to let her try everything, they do not treat her like a China Doll. They treat her like a normal kid and it makes me so happy to see because she responds so well to that.

Talia did her first picture yesterday and it was a stamp of her footprint - her first picture ever!!! I was so proud. My baby is a budding artist!

The staff at the nursery are so keen to learn, so excited to be part of helping Talia and Talia's physio, Ana is going to go and chat to them and show them how to manage Talia. What a kind team - we are truely lucky to have these people around us.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain