Google

Tuesday 5 August 2008

Insurance Mum

Well its that time of year when staff are off on holidays and my husband somehow managed to cunningly rope me in to helping out at the office whilst mum and Dad looked after the kids. So there I was this morning thrown in the deep end. It was manic - a juggling act between dealing with claims, giving out new quotations to problem solving and managing individual requests - between 9-5pm, I barely blinked except to jump out of the office to do a quick emergency 5 minute shop and grab a take-away sandwich before focusing on the task at hand - what a whirlwind!!! In the past, I would have been a wreck but today I really didn't feel stressed - I guess that everything with Tália has made me see things from a different perspective - so I did my best for each client.

I love the buzz of a business and the excitement of building one up but today made me realize that I have the best job in the world, being a mum to three beautiful kids. The change however was a good break (if you can call it that)! My husband and I ran the office together and the buzz in there reminded me of our first year setting up the business.

Anyway now I'd better sign off - as i am so tired........................................................tomorrow's a new day..................goodnight!!!!

1 comment:

Barcelona with Kids said...

Hi there,

I have just come across your blog while looking for sites related to Barcelona.

Well I see that you have come and gone now. I am not sure if you will be in town for a time again but we have a mum's group here for 0-3's and if you ever feel like it please bring Talia along.

I really hope that your appointments here went as well as you wanted them to. I did not see whether you got the answers you needed for Talia but I do hope so. I am reading your very moving blog and just wanted to wish you the best of luck.

I am a Barcelona mum of a 2 year old by the way.

Take care,
Emma
emma@kidsinbarcelona.com

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain