Google

Tuesday 15 July 2008

Diet and Nutrition is Key


I have decided to make a concerted effort and focus on Tália's diet. I cannot just sit and wait for results. I have spoken to many people who have had life-threatening disorders and the reason why many of them are here today are because they are both positive and also concentrate on their diets. I am by no means an extremist - U do not believe in strict dieting as I do not want to make Tália over-sensitive to certain products but I think the simple 5 portions of fruit and veg is a good starting point. I have also started to give her a natural multivitamin - the doctors said that whilst we don't know what she's lacking, there is no point in giving her anything...but alas I'm a bit of a rebel. My gut has been telling me to give her vitamins - so much illness is caused by deficiencies and a natural vitamin made from plant extracts wont hurt her. A nutritionist we know has also got me some probiotic powder for baby's to give Talia so I am also giving her this. Apart from this, I have been giving her oat milk for about 3 weeks and she seems to be improving. Perhaps it's my imagination but the combination of these things seem to be doing her nothing but good. Unfortunately, I am not a dietitian so much of what I do is based on what I read and gut and advice from those around me. I have also looked up information on super foods, antioxidants and omega 3's - slowly but surely we'll get there.

A friend of mine suffering from cancer told me that through her chemo she kept a very healthy diet and this is what has got her through and given her the energy to keep going. She is energetic and runs her own business - quite amazing really.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain