Google

Saturday 5 July 2008

Tália's First Night Away

On Wednesday night, my eldest daughter was invited to the fair by her best friend and then for a sleepover. We decided that we would take our five year old with us to the fair and spend some quality time with her. The original plan was to take Tali too but Mum and Dad suggested picking her up and keeping her overnight, which to be honest sounded like the best option - the late night at the fair and the loud noises and flashing lights would probably be too much for her. And so Tali spent herfirst full night away from me. I really missed her loads and kept popping my head over the side to see if she was in her cot. However despite this, I really did enjoy my time alone with my 5 year old who adores the fair. She dolled herself up in a sparkly pink dress and just held my hand, happy to have me to herself - she was the baby before and that time together now was much needed. My eldest was also in her element needing to be with someone her own age rather than just with her younger sisters.

Tali slept well with her granny and grandad - I really was very comfy as I knew that Mum and Dad could really look after Tali as their own - mum does fantastic physio with her and yoga postures to help her strengthen her muscles and Dad plays lots of games with her, stimulating her with logical games. Personally I think it was beneficial for Tali - sometimes special kids can be set in their ways and fearful to venture away - I think that flexibility and variety are essential to help integrate her into today's world.

On another note, people have asked me why I don't post pictures of my two older girls -to be honest its more for their privacy. I think they are probably best to have a little anonimity. My main reasons for having pictures of Tali is firstly because should anyone with a similar case be reading this, they may see similarities in her stature, and secondly because some of the emotions captured in the photos cannot be put into words.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain