Google

Friday 11 July 2008

Tália weighs 4.93 kilos

Dare I say with her clothes on! Anyway at least she is putting on weight and not losing it - I think on our last check, in the same chemist, she weighed 4.7kilos ( approx 6 weeks ago) but need to check my notes to be sure. I know, can you believe it, I cannot remember exactly how much she weighed last time. The Dr told me not to weigh her so often and to let go as each week would be so painful - the whole process of looking at the scales and seeing them go up by a couple of grams was just too much so I literally took his advice and it seems to be working.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been giving Tália Oat Milk. A number of homeopathic doctors and natropaths have suggested that I cut down on any cow's milk and infant formulas and change to either rice or almond. A friend of my mum's suggested Oat Milk and to be honest, it seems to agree with Tália better. Fingers crossed.

Had Speech therapy in Aprona today and then Physio in San Pedro. Mum came with me to the physio - she usually comes with me on a Thursday and its lovely to have the extra hands and support - usually by Thursday, I start feeling tired and its great to spend the morning with mum. Then usually we bring the girls to her house and we spend the afternoon together. And the last few weeks, my brother and sister-in-law have come with my new darling Indy. Oh I do love being an aunt. Indy is gorgeous and growing fast ( thank God). Seeing a normal sized baby these days makes me feel so happy and relieved. I looked around the room yesterday and just said how from just two of us (my brother and myself), did we end up with such a troupe?? And so many girls! But to tell you the truth - I have a soft spot for girls!

So yesterday afternoon, we all went swimming (not Indy of course - at two weeks, she's a tad too young!!!). My girls were doing their usual water gymnastics with my brother and sister-in-law's sister - standing on shoulders and all that jazz and Talia was swimming in her ring soaking up her independence, really working her muscles - oh I do love the Summer. These moments, these snapshots are so special to me - I don't know what Tali has, how serious it is, whether she has a short time frame in this world or whether she is just going to grow out of what she has but regardless of that, these moments are precious. Anything can happen tomorrow to any of us. For today we are all happy and well and nowadays these moments make me stand back and just record - record the bliss of the present.

It is easy to get stuck in the future and sometimes research does that to us - what is going to happen? BUT none of us know what tomorrow will bring and for today all is well ...

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain