Google

Tuesday 24 June 2008

Talia makes a quick recovery

Talia's skin biopsy went fairly smoothly yesterday - she was a real star - barely cried and even though they thought she may need stiches managed to get away without any. Today the wound had stopped bleeding and by this afternoon she started looking more alert again. I must say that I am relieved that we wont be getting any results for 2.5 months as it means that I can just focus on an amazing Summer - taking the girls to the pool everyday, doing physio with Talia everyday and just being. A couple of months free of doctors is just what the doctor ordered (ironically).

I have been looking online at different plans (standing supports) and I am amazed at products out there for special needs kids ( see www.jenx.com for an idea). I think the cat model is the one they will select for Talia.

Luckily, the state have given me a prescription and have agreed to pay for it - I have been round so many appointments to get the presciption -first to see my local paediatrician in Sabinillas, and then to Estepona, and then another appointment in Estepona. Once I had agreement from the doctor, the paperwork - prescription, empadronamiento (Talia's), medical card and all had to be taken to the Costa del Sol and then had to be approved by the committee there. However after all these steps I got the prescription approved and now that I understand the state system, I am actually very pleased with it.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain