Google

Monday 27 October 2008

Daddy's Girl

Well just when I think that its all onwards and upwards, there's a kink in the road. My father has looked under the weather for a while and I have been worried about him but I guess that since mum's been away he has kept up a brave face so that not to worry me. Mum arrived last Thursday and to be honest I felt a huge wave of relief to know that she would be there with Dad. I have spent some time with Dad but I am his little girl and I find that instead of looking after him, he just looks after me - he goes to the supermarket t buy special food, he comes with me to collect my girls, he refuses to let me pamper him.

However as we headed to Malaga airport to pick mum up, he looked greyer and generally unwell and at that point I knew that he had kept going and now felt able to let his guard down. Sure enough that evening, we rushed him to hospital.

Its been a tough week - seeing my Dad, for he is the perfect Dad to me in hospital. He is just right by my side with Tali, so actively involved with my life and I just want him to be well. The Dr's have performed tests and we have still to wait for the results so I can't say much at present. He is unable to leave hospital until his cough goes - he has an awful cough but we are hoping that that is just due to a chronic bronchitis.

Unfortunately he was rushed into hospital on the eve of my daughter's birthday which he didn't want as he wanted to go in after her birthday. Thankfully he did go in though because he did need medical help. This weekend of birthday plans has been the perfect distraction for my kids but extremely hard for me to try and stay with it, together and exuding joy and happiness. But we did and the girls had a great time - a big sleepover and a trip to McDonald's coupled with watching High School Musical in La Cañada.

Yesterday I felt a huge relief as I went to the hospital and my Dad looked much better - so much more colour in his face and chatting more. He still can't leave but that's cos his cough is still bad but hopefully he'll be out soon. Mum has been by his side at hospital - literally she stepped off the plane and into the hospital. The test results will be out soon but I remain positive - I spent 3 months waiting for Tali's test and despite Dr's thinking the worst, they have confirmed that she does not have Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Deficiency. So worrying about results prior to their release seems ludicrous.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain