Google

Tuesday 19 February 2008

Allopathic medicine provides no answers.

It dawned on me loud and clear that nobody really had a clue as to what Talia may have. Up to now, I had been sure that the answer was just there – that the doctors would have answers. Now I needed to do whatever I could myself because at the moment it was down to me and my gut.

I am a firm believer in and balance. I am not one of those people who is 100% organic or totally into homeopathic remedies. I do however feel that alternative therapies and medicine is fantastic –I see the two as perfect complements and with Talia, I am trying to balance out the two sides. Without doubt the physio is what is showing me the greatest results. Apart from this, I try to give Talia an oil massage at bath time where possible and if mum is around, she usually massages Talia. She also works gently with her. Mum is a yoga therapist and has worked with children with Special Needs – she is fantastic with Talia. I am also in touch with a dietician with regards to Talia’s diet. Talia also has had massages and some cranial sacral therapy.

Recently I went to see a well-established iridologist. He was fantastic. Apparently the eye is like a map of the body. He managed to tell my husband that he suffered from back problems and that his discs were worn out just from looking at his eyes. He looked a bit concerned when he saw Talia and said that it looked as though the hypothalamus was working at a very slow rate and that it needed stimulating. He suggested using Almond Milk – strangely enough so had my nutritionist who says that Almond Milk has lots of rich vitamins and is easier to digest. The eye doctor also gave me a vitamin – Kindervital to try and boost Talia and trigger off more of an appetite.


Well… I am trying all this but alas the weight does not go on….

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain