Google

Wednesday 6 February 2008

Talia´s birth

Prior to Talia´s birth, I was always a little concerned as she was not as much of a wriggler as my other two kids - deep down it was a nagging thought in my head.

28th June 2007
Talia was born via cesarian. She was a breech baby so never turned. At 39 weeks plus three days they decideded to do a c-section. My gynecologist is based at Hospiten in Estepona. He was wonderful throughout the pregnancy and had been concerned about me from the start. Anyway he carried out the c-section and a gorgeous but tiny Talia was born weighing 233 kilos and 45cm long. Although my other two kids were tiny too when first born ( 2.5kilos and 2.7 kilos), Talia just looked so much smaller with her ears all scrunched up.

The paediatrician their checked her through and she scored quite high on her Apgar tests.

Hospiten was great for comfort - nice private room that I was paid for me by my insurance company Sanitas (if interested can contact hamilton-insure.com). The only negative thing I can say is that the waiting times can be horrendous and when i went in for my c-section I was starved from the night before and didn´t end up in the op theatre till 15:00.

The only problem with delivering in Spain is that they are great at looking after you before and after pregnancy from a medical point of view but unlike the UK and Gibraltar, after you deliver, you are on your own. No one visits you at home, no one teaches you how to breast feed - they take your baby and bring baby back bathed (wonderful if you are a third time round mum like me but if a first time mum, you may like to be shown).

Anyway apart from the above Hospiten was great and after three nights there, I left hospital to stay at mum´s for a while as after the c-section the thought of going home with 3 girls, steps in the house and no garage space did not appeal to me. when I left Talia was only 2.1kilos.

Things were great. The Summer was fantastic. Loads of family came over and saw Talia - we were pretty relaxed with her - she was a good baby - she slept up to 5/6 hours a night and nursed really well - no sore nipples and she complained very little.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain