Google

Thursday 7 February 2008

Talia head control

At two and a half- three months of age, I started to worry as Talia´s head was really floppy. Cognitively she seemed all there but her muscles and body just seemed so week. She seemed like a rag doll. Car trips were really scary as her head would bob up and down. My husband and I would drive - one of us constantly trying to hold her head up and also watching out to make sure she didn't vomit. Cognitively she seemed ot be developing although 3 months is still early to tell. Thankfully I spotted Talia falling behind immediately as I have 2 other kids and clearly remembered them at that age. My paediatrician was great and monitored us on a weekly basis but she stayed around 3 kilos for ages - now at 7 months she is only 4.45 - so you can see how slow everything is. At about 3 months we had a scan of her head done through the fontanelle and thankfully it was clear. We decided to give her till four months as really she could have just been a slow developer and given problems in the womb - perhaps she would catch up. By four months her head control was starting to improve and cognitively she was all there - she could follow us around the room and chuckle. She was the most loving and warm baby. My two other girls were fantastic with her, constantly stimulating and cuddling her.

No comments:

Tália Appears on Eye on Spain